Heavy Duty Assembly Technician
Posted on: May 28, 2023
USA, CA, Camarillo, United States of America
A diversified heavy duty assembler of vehicles, assemblies and/or
subassemblies that are complex, requiring adjusting, fitting and
aligning to ordinary tolerances. Works from drawings and/or
specifications; inspects and tests finished units. Assembles parts
and devices to support production needs with minimal supervision.
Requires ability to interpret and follow verbal or written
instructions and Blueprints.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Trade School or on the job experience
- Certificate in Automotive, or similar Electro-mechanical
- Associate degree in electronics, mechanical or related fields
are a plus
- Electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical certifications are a plus
- 1-2 plus years' experience in an assembly of heavy/medium sized
- Strong hands on Heavy Duty mechanic experience working with
underground, maritime, construction, or Oilfield Heavy Duty Mobile
- Exposure to HV and LV systems, routing terminating and
- Fluid Power Industrial Hydraulic Systems exposure
Skills/Special Training Required to Effectively Perform the Job:
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude with ability to think
outside the box
- High level attention to detail and work quality
- Display strong creativity and resourcefulness skills
- Fluid Power Industrial Hydraulic Systems certifications
- Overhead crane / rigging certifications are a plus
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly
instructions, manufacturing document specifications, and B.O.M.;
gathering necessary tools and materials.
- Perform tasks using vernier calipers and micrometers to
accurately measure parts and verify tolerances.
- Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and
accessories, as required for the assigned stage of production.
- Resolves assembly problems to meet specifications; notifying
the supervisor to obtain additional resources and or approval.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed
to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions stamping off on completed sequences and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Sufficient reasoning ability to understand detailed, yet
repetitive, written and oral instructions, and solve
- Identifying non-conforming parts and recommend modifications or
possible redesign of existing or new parts. Provide input for
assembly procedures and constant product improvement.
- Install various machine hydraulic and cooling components such
as tubing, valves, accumulators, compressors, pumps, etc.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according
to engineering specification changes.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in the assembly area of
assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- Utilize various types of material handling equipment including
hand trucks, carts, fork trucks, scissor lifts, et cetera where
- Working from oral, written, or electronically generated
instructions perform skilled preventive maintenance, operations,
adjustments, corrections, repairs, diagnosis or modifications to a
variety of electronic/electro-mechanical equipment and
- Utilize a variety of procedures, manuals, drawings and
schematics to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair systems and
- Work or assist in other departments to balance workloads and to
meet schedule priorities. Assist in other non-production areas as
may be required by supervision or management.
- General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and
how the tools can be used on such equipment/machines. This includes
the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts
relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also
requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
- Advanced knowledge in the usage of hand tools, hand held power
tools, fabricating equipment, and portable air tools; ability to
drill, ream, tap, and install heli-coils in various size
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep
equipment, tools, and work area clean and orderly and a continued
dedication to raising the bar.
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team
based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working
hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled
start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
- Perform arithmetic calculations, read and record detailed
measurements, and ability to convert fractions to decimals /
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and
established safety procedures.
- Requires the ability to lift, pull, push and guide medium
weight objects frequently up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be fluent in reading and speaking English to properly
interpret schematics and all documentation.
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude and strong work
Careers with Artisan:
Artisan offers a career opportunity with an international company
that develops and creates cutting edge electric and hybrid
technology. You will be part of a fast growing establishment of
highly motivated people who have a strong will to succeed. With us,
you have substantial opportunities for personal development, and
will be working with highly skilled colleagues. Artisan Vehicle
Systems provides a competitive compensation and benefit package,
including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans and
11 paid holidays.
Artisan/Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs
accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any
time during the application process should contact Human Resources
at +(1) 805-512-9955 Sandvik also provides reasonable
accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its
obligations under the law.
Keywords: Sandvik, Camarillo , Heavy Duty Assembly Technician, Professions , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...