Veterans Preferred - Sr. Policy Analyst (Remote)
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -At Akkodis, we use our
insight, knowledge, and global resources to make exceptional
connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically
throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver
the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose
Akkodis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges
that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing
quick-fill demands. -Akkodis is seeking an Sr. Policy Analyst a
direct Hire Position with a client located in Camarillo, CA
(Remote) -Salary: 90K-100K -Location: Camarillo, CASr. Policy
Analyst job responsibilities include: -Position Summary:Seeking a
Senior Policy Analyst to enhance and strengthen Company policy
infrastructure/platform involving state and federal Medicaid
programs by tracking and analyzing federal, state and local
legislation/regulation that may impact company. Under the guidance
of the Executive Director, Strategy and External Affairs, the
Senior Policy Analyst is responsible for policy research, analysis,
and keeping executive staff abreast of regulations and statutes
concerning Medicaid/ Medi-Cal Programs. The Policy Analyst works on
projects and other assignments in the Government and Community
Relations Department relating to policy objectives and policy
initiatives concerning Medicaid/Medi-Cal Programs and supports
other key staff on related projects.Essential Functions:
- Analyze and assess relevant federal, state, county, and city
local policies and trends.
- Analyze new regulations and statures to determine potential
Plan impact coming from the Department of Health Care
- Provide guidance to internal customers on policy implications
and recommendations for policy decisions.
- Draft memorandum(s) and report(s) on policies and procedures
concerning state and federal Medicaid programs.
- Author client's policy briefs and other publications, including
developing figures, tables, charts and other data visualizations,
fact sheets, and other supporting documents.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments affecting the
Medicaid/Medi-Cal program and coverage for the low-income
- Monitor activities by the Executive Branch and Congress that
will or can impact the health plan; alert and advise the Executive
Director of Strategy and External Affairs on emerging opportunities
- Other ad hoc assignments and projects in support of company
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal departments to
develop policies reflective of operational needs and in compliance
with state and federal regulations, and contractual
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and project
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus on strategies and
messages among peers and stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing
various projects simultaneously.
- Maintain a high degree of credibility, confidentiality, and
- Work independently on assigned projects.
- Work as a team member as department tasks dictate.
- Prioritize tasks according to internal and external
- Expertise in federal and state policy issues and data sources
related to the Medicaid program.
- Ability to communicate research findings clearly through
tables, charts, and figures.
- Strong understanding of the Legislative cycle and state budget
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely. Superior writing skills with the ability to
draft policies using precise and unambiguous language.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical
topics and specialized information.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build
relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and
effectively supervise others.SKILLS & ABILITIES -Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Health Services Administration, Public Health,
or Public Policy, or related field: Required Master's Degree:
PreferredExperience: A minimum of 5 years of experience including
health care regulatory, managed care and/or compliance experience,
or combination of education and related experience. Prior work
experience working in local government, the State Legislature, or
Congress: Strongly PreferredComputer Skills: Advanced computer
skills included in the MS Office projects.Other Requirements:
- Understanding of managed care and government-sponsored health
care delivery systems.
- Understanding of managed care operations and issues that affect
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent federal and state laws
related to health care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy implications and impact of
policy decisions on the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, oversee projects and
prioritize resources, Demonstrate initiative to drive tasks and
responsibilities. Self-manage priorities and responsibilities to
meet objectives Able to interact and maintain vendor relationships.
Able to utilize computer programs and tools provided in work
environment. Ability to implement and maintain various
- Thorough knowledge of Policies and Procedures. Adherence to the
Code of Conduct as well as the Code of Ethics.If you are interested
in this Sr. Policy Analyst (Remote) then please click APPLY NOW.
For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Priyanka
Khurana at Priyanka.email@example.comEqual Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledBenefit offerings include medical,
dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability
insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and
401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose
the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available
paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any
other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law; and
Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These
benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs
which are direct hire to a clientTo read our Candidate Privacy
Information Statement, which explains how we will use your
information, please visit
https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/The Company will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: MODIS, Camarillo , Veterans Preferred - Sr. Policy Analyst (Remote), Professions , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...