Bus driver **Paid CDL Training**
Company: RATP Dev USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Roadrunner Management Services, Inc. JOB TITLE: Driver (VCTC)
DEPARTMENT: Operations & Quality REPORTS TO: Fixed Route Manager
(VCTC) DESCRIPTION: VCTC Bus Drivers drive fixed routes as
determined by the Ventura County Transportation Commission (VCTC)
providing safe, reliable transportation to the public. *ESSENTIAL
* Safely operates various types of buses through light to heavy
city and freeway traffic in a safe and prudent manner.
* Ensures the highest quality of bus service is delivered to our
* Assists customers in a safe, friendly, courteous, helpful manner.
This includes assisting persons with disabilities onto and off of
the wheelchair lift, and with safety restraints, as requested by
* Acts as front-line point of contact to ensure delivery of quality
* Complies with all company safety rules and operates assigned
vehicle to meet customer standards.
* Complies with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to
the operation of buses, traffic and safety.
* Safely and efficiently boards, off-boards and transports clients
from one point to another, using a variety of bus types.
* Effectively utilizes paddles, and information of choice (i.e.
busbook, operator handbook) to follow routes and meet time
* Ensures an adequate supply of DVIR cards, and courtesy cards are
carried on board whenever on duty.
* Carries and utilizes punch for accurate transfers.
* Maintains an accurate timepiece.
* Must be able to operate all equipment in a safe, efficient, and
proper manner, including farebox, lift, radio, emergency equipment,
hatches, and rear engine compartment door.
* Performs pre-trip inspection and completes DVIR in accordance
with FMCSR to ensure bus and equipment is in safe, proper working
* Coordinates detour, accident, and incident information using VMS
to radio dispatch, and responds to instructions given.
* Makes effective independent decisions and handles conflicts based
on experience, training and policies.
* Work a variety of hours, days, and shifts, including Saturdays,
Sundays, holidays and split-shifts. *NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
* All other duties as assigned *PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* Able to lift up to 60-lbs
* Pass DOT Medical Exam *OTHER REQUIREMENTS: *
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class B with
Passenger endorsed California license, and an excellent driving
* Must and maintain current DOT certification at all times.
* Must carry company DOT card and class B, Passenger endorsed with
airbrakes driver license at all times while on duty.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential.
* Must have the ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of all
routes and fare structures.
* Must be able to operate any assigned vehicle and its equipment,
including every type of coach and company car.
* Must be able to work varied hours, days, and shifts, including
holidays, Saturdays, Sundays, and split shifts. *STARTING RATE OF
* $20.00 per hour Job Type: Full-time Pay: $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus Ability to commute/relocate:
* Camarillo, CA 93012: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) License/Certification:
* Driver's License (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: RATP Dev USA, Camarillo , Bus driver **Paid CDL Training**, Professions , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!