Roll-Off Driver - Class A
Company: Athens Services
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Great Drivers Work at Athens! Give us a call at (888)
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Roll-Off Driver is responsible for safely operating a
heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on container delivery,
recycling, residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off)
routes. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing
assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and
federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety
Health Act (OSHA)/Department of Transportation (DOT) requires as
well as all local, state and federal requirements; maintains a
clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and
notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens
Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to
Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training,
briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route
efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or
Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any
- Notifies Dispatch/Route Supervisor of issues as prescribed by
Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential
missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests/issues to Dispatch/Route
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's
location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits DCI'S (driver call inquiry).
- Properly positions containers on the customer's property.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all
documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing
- Assists other drivers in completing routes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class A Driver's License.
- Acceptable Driver Record.
- Able to meet all DOT requirements.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy,
or transportation industry.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical
ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting ≤ 50
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals,
wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing & Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any
other applicable state, federal or local laws.
Qualified A/B CDL Drivers, please CLICK APPLY below or Give us a
CALL at (888) 501-1893.We look forward to your membership to the
Keywords: Athens Services, Camarillo , Roll-Off Driver - Class A, Professions , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!