Demand Planner & Logistics Coordinator
Company: Kuehne + Nagel AS
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Battery-Biz is an employee-owned manufacturer and distributor of
consumer power products located in Camarillo, California. We
license brands that consumers know, trust, and buy. Our Duracell--
assortment includes automotive power products such as
jump-starters, inverters, and maintainers and emergency prep
devices such as solar generators. The Goodyear-- product line
includes a complete offering of portable tire inflators. Our
customers are some of the largest retailers in the world. We focus
heavily on culture - we are committed to transparency, integrity,
trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management -
full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in
the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company
is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride
ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered. We are
seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced
environment and who is a high achiever with strong proven
analytical and forecasting skills. If you're looking to work with a
group of smart, dedicated A players, this is the place for you!
Please apply here or contact our recruiter Emily Do at
firstname.lastname@example.org! The Mission: Ensure all forecasting activities
associated with customers and products are timely, accurate, and
cost effective. Create and maintain forecast models using available
market intelligence, historical data, and forecast information
gathered from sales. Support the Sr. Director of Logistics in
managing all activities associated with the product life cycle,
including material acquisition, allocation, distribution, and
delivery. Assist in monitoring inventory, purchasing,
transportation and warehousing activities to maintain and expedite
the supply chain. Job Duties:
- Develop effective forecast models and KPI's based on historical
trends and demand patterns.
- Monitor and report on important changes in demand-related
- Conduct regular forecast maintenance to reconcile significant
variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales
and marketing assumptions.
- Review promotional plans with the sales team to understand and
react to any impact on the demand forecast and supply chain.
- Perform inventory risk assessments and mitigation
- Communicate with freight forwarders, customers, and vendors to
coordinate transportation, track and fix shipping issues, and
prepare / issue documentation.
- Develop and improve existing Standard Operating Procedures
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast
accuracy and strategies.
- Oversee demand planning meetings to achieve consensus on the
demand and resulting supply chain actions. Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a demand
- Good working knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
- Solid understanding of inventory management best practices and
- Strong mathematical and analytical experience.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel Analytical/strategic
thinking, organization and planning, proactive, problem solving,
creativity/innovation, detail oriented, multi-tasking, effective
communication Cultural Fit: Teamwork, accountability, work ethic,
calm under pressure, respect, honesty, integrity Job Type:
Full-time Schedule and Location: M-F 8-5 at our office in
Camarillo, CA. May require overtime and flexibility of the 8-hour
- Full medical benefits
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Plan
- Company ownership via Employee Stock Ownership Plan COVID-19
Considerations: To ensure safety in the workplace we are asking all
employees to wear masks when moving about the building and when a
6ft distance cannot be maintained. *video courtesy of Mac McIntire
Keywords: Kuehne + Nagel AS, Camarillo , Demand Planner & Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!