Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist in the Molecular Interactions Group
Company: Coherus Biosciences
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Title: Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Molecular
Reports to: Distinguished Research Fellow
Location: Camarillo, California
We are developing large molecule immuno-oncology therapeutics with
the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and to
build further on our foundation with our clinical stage antibodies
targeting PD-1 and TIGIT. The Research and Development organization
is comprised of expertise in antibody discovery, molecular
interactions, preclinical pharmacology and toxicology, cellular
immunology, functional assays, protein sciences, analytical
development, PK and immunogenicity, we are responsible for the lead
candidate generation, characterization and IND- and BLA-enabling
preclinical studies necessary to support drug development through
to clinical development and approval.
The qualified individual will join the Molecular Interactions Group
in the Translational and Development Sciences Department at Coherus
BioSciences in Camarillo, CA, and aid in the advancement of
Coherus' immuno-oncology (I-O) pipeline.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
* Prior biologics R&D experience and both rigorous
physicochemical and bioassay skills as they relate to biophysical
characterization of protein/protein interactions and the biological
characterization of antibody therapeutics.
* Hold deep knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of
ligand-macromolecule kinetic and binding concepts based on strong
fundamental chemical principles.
* Possess a solid understanding of bioassays as they relate to the
biological characterization of antibody therapeutics.
* Hands-on experience and a solid understanding of both surface
plasmon resonance biosensors and bioassays is preferred; expertise
in one of these two areas is required to be a competitive
* Train and interact with scientists at various levels in diverse
scientific teams is also required.
* Hold an unparalleled work ethic with tremendous motivation to
drive assigned projects to a sound scientific conclusion is
* A critical thinker, researcher, and self-starter in assay design
* Responsibilities to conduct method development and analyze
samples to support an I-O pipeline using biophysical and bioassay
methods like surface plasmon resonance (SPR),
fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS), ELISA, or Meso Scale
Discovery (MSD) assays.
* Experience in the application of these assays for large molecule
therapeutics discovery and lead selection processes.
* Be meticulous in execution and will perform experiments on the
bench at an advanced level.
* Design independently biophysical and bioassay experiments that
* Summarize and present their data to internal cross-functional
teams and possibly at external meetings.
* PhD in Physical Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical
Biochemistry, Analytical/Physical Chemistry, Immunology or
Biological Sciences with a molecular emphasis with a minimum of
8-12 years academic research and/or industry experience
* The ability to perform and analyze kinetic and thermodynamic
studies of protein/protein interactions using state of the art
biosensors is preferred.
* Capable of executing FACS, MSD, ELISA, or similar bioassays for
characterization of a biologics pipeline.
* Proficient in statistical tools to critically analyze data.
* Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze,
and document data generated in support of a research pipeline.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, demonstrate initiative,
strong attention to detail, with effective verbal and written
* Maintains effective communication with line management.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team, trusts and
* Candidate must be initiative-taking and able to work in a
The Base Salary Range for this position is $135,000 - $190,000.
Coherus considers various factors, including professional
background and work experience, when determining base pay. These
considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date.
This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus
BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is
located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If
you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or
serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result
of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an
opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Coherus Biosciences, Camarillo , Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist in the Molecular Interactions Group, Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!