Company: Conejo Mountain Funeral Home, Memorial Park & Crem
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Sales Consultant is accountable for assisting families in
making cemetery arrangements & funeral services through the
selection and purchase of cemetery property, funeral options,
merchandise, and services on at-need or pre-need basis, ensuring
the expectations of client families and their guests are
* - Meets with client families on a pre-need/at-need basis to
ensure that they are presented with all options pertaining to
interment, cemetery property, and related merchandise and
- Establishes a professional relationship with client families to
ensure that all needs are being met.
- Represents the company in a professional and caring manner,
maintaining a professional personal appearance and employing
honesty, integrity, and ethical methods of performing duties.
- Provides tours and guides families that visit the cemetery to lot
- Attends services and visitations for client families whenever
possible to foster relationships, ensures excellent service, and
develops potential referrals.
- Completes required paperwork, insures proper interment
verification process, and conducts blind checks, ensuring
compliance with all relevant state and industry regulations and in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for adhering to pricing structures, completing all
paperwork accurately and timely, and for submitting all contracts,
required documents, and payments to the business office within
- Develops new prospects and community-based contacts.
- Makes presentations at the business location, at client family
homes, and at public community events highlighting merchandise,
services, and the benefits of pre-need arranging.
- Maintains positive and proactive communication and cooperation
with all funeral homes, departments, and team members to ensure a
smooth service process for the family.
- Actively participates in all required location and company
- Reports all progress to the Sales Manager (or Unit Leader) as
directed, completing and submitting all required reports in a
- Schedules and conducts aftercare appointments to ensure client
family satisfaction and obtain referrals.
- Consistently meets or exceeds company standards in revenue
generation in order to maintain employment and benefits eligibility
- Complies with all company procedures for customer service when
dealing with families, handling complaints, completing
post-interment service activities, and performing other duties
necessary to ensure quality service levels.
- Protects confidentiality of company and client family
information, including sales and marketing programs and materials,
names and addresses of client families and employees, and other
- Identifies and remedies all hazards at location and on
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or some college preferred.
- Proven track record of success in inside sales production
- May require the possession (or ability to obtain) an insurance
license as required by applicable law.
- Valid state-issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record.
- Basic overall computer proficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, procedures,
contracts, insurance documents, and pricing structures or
- Ability to effectively present information to client families,
co-workers, and leadership.
- Ability to effectively work and develop sales leads and referrals
from recognized sources and approved methods.
- Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss;
commission, markup, and selling price; and ability to calculate
- Ability to effectively utilize all sales training and techniques
to fulfill production requirements.
- Effective and professional communication skills, with an emphasis
on verbal skills and the ability to resolve and respond to issues
in a professional manner
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Commission pay
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Conejo Mountain Funeral Home, Memorial Park & Crem, Camarillo , Sales Consultant, Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!