Posted on: January 15, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on
material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills,
lathes, jigs, boring bars, and grinders.
- Machines parts to print including design and fabrication of
specialty jigs and tools required to manufacture part.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines,
and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- Able to layout, shear, bend and weld sheet metal to produce a
finished product according to prints.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws
sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or
others to resolve machining or assembly problems.QUALIFICATIONS:
- TIG welding training/experience
- Use and read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper and DRO
- Operate conventional Mill and Lathe
- Use and design Jigs for fabrication
- Shear and bend sheet metal to size
- Assemble fabricated parts and equipment
- Test and troubleshoot assembled equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn new skills and work with others to achieve
a common goalEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma
(minimum) and 3 to 5 years machining experienceCERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSValid Drivers LicenseLANGUAGE/MATH
SKILLSProficiency in English, verbal and written. Add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Read and interpret angles and
degrees.Experience Level:Intermediate-Level About Aerotek:We know
that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know
that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Camarillo , Machinist, Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!