Oakley - Licensed Optician (Camarillo Premium Outlets)
Company: The Luxottica Group
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Requisition ID: 366983
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite
the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on
its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the
company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses,
prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of
professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to
provide them with the very best while they redefine what is
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design,
manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear.
Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail
presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other
global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house
brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass
Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also
home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the
The Licensed Optician fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions
and fits and adapts lenses and frames. The Optician also supports
and assists the Management team in achieving all customer service
and sales goals by learning and maintaining knowledge of the
policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and
operating the store.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts
lenses and frames.
- Utilizes optical prescription, evaluates prescription in
conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit
- Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates
frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length,
vertex distance, pupillary distance and optical centers using
- Provides optical service to customers as required by State law
and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieves high levels of sales performance and results.
- Partners with store management team to support the retail sales
team, encouraging a winning-attitude and enabling the team to meet
or exceed sales goals and achieve consistently high levels of
- Assists the store team in maintaining the store's visual
objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise
and assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized
opticianary association as an optician
- Optical dispensing experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours
necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights,
weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including
strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the
sales floor or stock room
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions,
bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing,
pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching
and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail
HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and
contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition,
being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression
or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.
Keywords: The Luxottica Group, Camarillo , Oakley - Licensed Optician (Camarillo Premium Outlets), Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!