Posted on: June 4, 2021
As a Packaging Designer, you'll provide engineering support for
all packaging development activity across the Zume portfolio. This
includes realizing your packaging concepts through the entire
design process, working closely with Industrial Design, Supply
Chain and Operations to prototype and deliver packaging solutions.
You are comfortable working with molded fibers and have a passion
for sustainability packaging solutions for a healthier planet.
What You'll Do:
Be the Domain Owner
- Develop packaging design function & processes to deliver
packaging visibility to the greater Hardware organization.
- Own and develop processes for regulatory and compliance
requirements to ensure compatibility for Zume portfolio needs.
- Contribute to upstream package development initiatives,
providing insight into latest manufacturing and material
- Provide cost feasibility, aligning with GSM cost targets.
Be an Internal Partner
- Provide engineering evaluation of packaging concepts throughout
the preliminary design stage.
- Troubleshoot packaging failures (HW cosmetic, package
- Partner closely with internal teams and suppliers to provide
- Recommend and support teams as necessary to build a world-class
- Work closely with Package Ops to ensure smooth deployment of
Be an External Partner
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing builds across major
- Manage Packaging BOM, assembly specifications, and
- Assist in directing and managing packaging vendors to realize
- Assist with on-site package prototyping as required.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in package engineering development
- Molded Fiber, thermoforming, or other related experience
- Chinese language skills, Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging
Engineering, or Packaging Science.
- Knowledge of shock, vibration, and the effect of temperature
variation in product protection and package design.
- Experience in the following manufacturing/material processes:
Molded Fiber, Paper Pulp, Thermoforming, Corrugated, Labels,
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing, printing, and production
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD (SolidWorks).
- Experience in ArtiosCAD, CAPE/TOPS, or other packaging design
- Sponsorship: Not available for this position
What We Offer:
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75%
for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of
thinkers and innovators
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. #LI-Remote
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local
Keywords: Zume, Camarillo , Packaging Designer, Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!