Microbiologist -Camarillo, CA
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Microbiologist ---Camarillo, CAKelly Scientific Resources (KSR)
, a division of Kelly Services, has an exciting opportunity for a
Microbiologist to work with a company that makes single-uses
products for the life science industry located in Camarillo,
CA.Summary:----Supports production, research and development,
validation and quality assurance by performing the following
duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize knowledge of aseptic--techniques as required.
- Prepare growth media from powders following recipes.
- Measure and weigh ingredients, mix, sterilize, pour into
containers, seal and affix identification labels.
- Test samples for consistency, potency, and sterility, according
to standardized procedures.
- Adjust controls of equipment such as pumps, filters and
autoclaves to obtain optimum results.
- Isolate and maintain cultures of significant bacteria, yeast or
bacteriophage in prescribed or standard media, controlling factors
such as moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition. Identify
microorganisms by microscopic examination of physiological,
morphological, and cultural characteristics.
- Assist in the validation of filter devices by challenging
filters with bacteria and other microorganisms per ASTM F838,
custom and standardized procedures.
- Perform routine environmental monitoring of water systems and
- Monitor and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Maintain water system, e.g. change filters and resin beds as
- Perform endotoxin, bioburden and sterility testing on
- Perform compatibility, bubble point and filterability studies
- Maintain production, test records and laboratory
- Order supplies.
- Wash glassware as necessary for laboratory use.
- Other duties may be assigned.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree (B.S. / B.A.)--from four-year college or
- One (1) to three (3) years of related, industry experience
- Strong computer skills ---MS office, Word, Excel (databases,
design of data, and graphing functions), Access, etc.
- Strong lab / microbiology experience: aseptic technique,
environmental monitoring, media prep, etc.
- Strong math skills to convert weights and measurements and
understand and apply ratios.
- Experience keeping accurate lab notebooks
- Experience writing, ideally in a journal presentation style
where they have a hypothesis, describe their experiments and
set-up, graphical data, and written results as well as
- Self-starter with ability to work in a small team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal -
this--opportunity could grow into a customer facing role, even with
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Why Kelly?As a Kelly
Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of
our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information, and tools to help you successfully
position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our
Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*If
you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for
immediate consideration. --Questions? --Call Airika at 562-206-2707
or email at To schedule a time to connect, please click the link to
add your availability to my calendar. Why Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Camarillo , Microbiologist -Camarillo, CA, Other , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!