Commercial Counsel (Attorney)
Company: Zume Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Essential Functions to this Exciting Opportunity:
- Must be licensed to practice law in California or qualify as
Registered In-House Counsel in California
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements
to support sales, marketing, and operations, including but not
limited to MSAs, SOWs, SaaS, marketing, partnership and
professional services agreements, inbound and outbound contracts,
data use agreements, NDAs, and agency agreements.
- Contribute to the design and continuous improvement of contract
management, standard forms, business policies and procedures, legal
processes and systems to help us expand into new territories, scale
with the business and maximize efficiency and velocity
- Work with clients and internal teams to lead negotiation of
terms to align with company policies and objectives
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external
- Create and deliver internal training on commercial and legal
processes and concepts
- Proactively identify new projects and goals needed to improve
the legal function and work to accomplish them
- Experience in other disciplines, such as corporate compliance,
ethics, privacy, records / data governance, contracts and
- Work on various other legal projects to support the Legal
- In-depth knowledge and experience in commercial
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on commercial
transactions with a combination of large law firm and in-house
- Demonstrated experience to provide sound, practical legal and
business advice with a business and solution-oriented approach to
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing
environment as we continue to grow our business
- Curiosity and eagerness to stay up to date on the legal
landscape and our industry and align our goals
- Must enjoy working cross-functionally with many different
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the
ability to relay legal concepts, policies, documents in a manner
easily understood by non-lawyers.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume,
Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and
future booster vaccinations that become available.
Location: California (possible to work remote if licensed to
practice law in CA.)
Travel: Some required
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: JD and
licensed to practice law in California or qualify as Registered
In-House Counsel in California.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local
Keywords: Zume Inc., Camarillo , Commercial Counsel (Attorney), Legal , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!