Company: ALLCLEAR MANAGEMENT INC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Director, OperationsRegular / Full-Time; ExemptCamarillo,
CA.About AllClear Aerospace & DefenseAllClear Aerospace & Defense
is the military aviation aftermarket industry's leading provider of
mission-ready solutions. We provide excellence in sustainment for
the U.S. militaries and its allies. Headquartered in Miramar,
Florida, AllClear's sustainment solutions cover over 25 of the most
utilized military aircraft platforms, supported with distribution
agreements from leading OEMs, in-house and managed repair services,
engineered products, manufacturing, and logistics
solutions.AllClear represents more than 30 years of defense
aerospace sustainment experience and expertise, focused on the
bigger mission mindset of keeping militaries mission ready.
AllClear locations include Abu Dhabi, UAE; Camarillo, CA;
Cambridge, UK; Chatsworth, CA; Greenville, SC; Macon, GA; Miramar,
FL; Seoul, S. Korea; Singapore; South San Francisco, CA; and Tokyo,
Japan.To learn more visit GoAllClear.com.SummaryDirector of
Operations for the Camarillo, CA. location managing a $20M P&L.
The successful candidate will work cross functionally with
engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, finance,
logistics, facilities, commercial and outside processing vendors
and drive a daily sense of urgency. Role is a key culture
carrier.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Must be able to
perform work autonomously as well as to perform variety of job
related functions.The successful candidate must be able to:
- Create and execute site operating and capital budgets and
monthly forecasts while driving On Time Delivery (OTD) at a target
- Lead the team in achieving Key Indicator targets and
proactively adjusting according to volume, market, and product mix
- Set priorities and implement rapid corrective action for major
sources of downtime and missed deliveries.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement preventive actions
driving Operational Excellence.
- Develop and implement an overall production and manufacturing
strategy, including infrastructure (i.e., systems, processes,
personnel), designed to accommodate the business strategy while
- Implement visual and daily management through continuous
improvement culture, driving considerably more standard work,
thereby reducing variation.
- Partner with Quality Department and Production to eliminate
quality defects in products and paperwork and maintain a quality
- Achieve the financial commitments (shipment, cost reduction,
productivity, and safety) by maintaining alignment with operational
- Ensure an execution-based culture around supply and product
demand forecasting while maintaining quality targets.
- Drive world class Safety First culture.
- Foster a data driven culture focused on analytics and
predictive tools to facilitate decision making process.
- Sets priorities and delegate work within the operation.
- Coordinates with customer service manager to resolve
operational customer complaints and non-conformance and lead the
identification & implementation of Corrective/Preventive
- Maintain an audit-ready operation and participate in external
audits as required.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seeks
- Oversight of internal and external logistics to ensure cost
effective kitting, storage and receipt / shipment of hardware.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by
- Directly supervises manufacturing employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Provides leadership, communication, and coaching to employees;
cultivates a motivated employee environment of trust, teamwork,
accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems; managing cross training matrix
and plan.In addition to the above, Directors are to maintain an
organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and
expectations while adhering to all quality practices. AllClear is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education and Experience:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Manufacturing Engineering (or
another Engineering discipline)
- Five (5) + years of manufacturing experience, preferably in an
- 10-15 years of experience with at least 5 years in recent site
- Experience with fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience in all elements of manufacturing
- Working knowledge of build-to-print packages and assembly
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma, 6S, and Continuous Improvement
- Language: Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
information. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as productivity, material margins, labor variances and
- Other Abilities: Knowledge of sheet metal and aerospace
materials preferred. Must possess basic knowledge of geometric
tolerance. Must possess thorough knowledge of materials planning
systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
Must have knowledge to apply general use of databases/spreadsheets.
Ability to complete the planning of workflow and meetings. Must
have prior experience with the aerospace and defense industry (both
commercial and government) serving world-wide customers. Must have
strong organizational, project, and proposal management skills.
Must have solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
Able to use large amounts of data to make strategic decisions. Must
have experience and a track record of success with Lean/Six Sigma
manufacturing. Must be able to create Lean Cells and Team
approach.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand and walk 4 to 6 hours a day. Must be able to work
with their hands, arms and be extremely accurate. Must be able to
walk, sit, and stand on a regular basis. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to lift
and/or move up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Customary physical demands for an office environment. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving high-speed machinery and mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to machine oils, metal fillings,
acetone, paints, solvents, grease, cutting fluids, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of
electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Occasional travel neededJob Type: Full-timePay: $150,000.00 -
$180,000.00 per year
Keywords: ALLCLEAR MANAGEMENT INC, Camarillo , Director, Operations, Executive , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...