Chief Medical Officer
Company: Clinicas del Camino Real
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Medical Director opening in Camarillo, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) directs all patient care and
quality assurance operations related to medical services for
Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc. (Clinicas). Provides medical
oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of
affordable quality healthcare to the underserved community. The CMO
is a key member of the Executive Management team, engaged in
defining the overall business strategy and direction of the
organization. Works with an established support system under the
direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. Interacts with a
multi-cultural population of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds,
levels of education and ages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CMO performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Leads and implements the clinical direction of the
- Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery;
identifies and defines new and innovative strategies to achieve
business goals and objectives.
- Provides and enforces high quality care with a goal of optimizing
the health status of the community
- Formulates medical program policies and procedures; directs and
evaluates program development.
- Reviews credentials for and delineates privileges for
- Collaborates in the recruitment and retention of qualified,
motivated Clinical staff
- Coordinates professional educational and training programs
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration with medical community
and specific institutions
- Continually searches for ways to increase the efficiency of
health care services provided by Clinicas
- Monitors and evaluates performance of medical physicians
- Oversees Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance. Chairs
monthly Quality Assurance meetings and the quarterly
Performance/Quality Improvement committee.
- Provides clinical perspective, analysis, and guidance in relation
risk management and any medical liability, malpractice claims.
- Advocates for Clinicas Del Camino Real, Inc. and act as a liaison
between administration and the medical staff.
- Strategizes, develops and implements innovative clinical programs
that include collaboration with strategic business partners.
- Responsible for selecting, contracting and maintaining
relationships with physician advisors who provide the medical
expertise in medical and surgical specialties to determine medical
necessity and appropriateness.
- Provides physician oversight of medical care management and
utilization review. Provides clinical guidance in complex medical
- Performs other duties as assigned including participation in all
safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency
Must have a current unrestricted license to practice medicine
issued by the California State Board of Medical Examiners. Prior
administrative and clinical experience. Board eligible or certified
in Family Practice, preferably with an MBA, MPH or MPA. Thorough
medical and administrative knowledge in analyzing and coordinating
healthcare programs. Strategic and innovative thinker with proven
ability to communicate a vision and drive results. Demonstrated
management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to
solve problems and execute on initiatives. Ability to work
collaboratively internally and externally. Demonstrated ability to
assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate
results. Must demonstrate sensitivity to the medical needs of an
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical
administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Clinicas del Camino Real, Camarillo , Chief Medical Officer, Executive , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!