Design Engineer - Mechanical
Company: Midas Management and Research
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Design Engineer- Mechanical
Location : Camarillo, CA (Onsite)
Rate : Max 90K per annum with benefit or 50- 55 USD per hour C2C.
Skills- CATIA 4, CATIA V6, CATIA V5, CAD\CAM
1. State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Responsible for assisting Sr Designer(s) & Lead Engineers with the conceptual layout and detail design of various Mil Connectors and Mechanical Sub-systems and components for military and space applications. Help with generation of drawing packages containing envelope, assembly and detailed drawings using SolidWorks. Help with material selection, review & approval.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
. Participate and assist senior designer(s) in conceptual layout and detail design of various military connectors and mechanical sub-systems and components.
. Basic knowledge of tolerance analysis, and the generation of drawing packages containing envelope, assembly and detailed drawings using SolidWorks.
. Participate and assist senior designer(s) and lead engineers with preparation of design review packages (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, FDR, etc.) for internal/external customers and management.
. Participate and assist in reviewing legacy drawings and initiate transition to product lifecycle management tool (PLM).
. Supports Manufacturing and Production with MRB issues.
. Support root cause investigations and corrective actions, including with external vendors.
. Participate and assist peer and senior engineers, the engineering test lab and production assembly personnel to verify and validate the designs to the various requirements, including through qualification and development testing.
3. Place job titles in all appropriate boxes. Where there is more than one incumbent with the same title, list the title only once and put beside it in parenthesis the number of incumbents.
4. Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
5. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
--- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Material Science or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
--- Experience in Engineering Product Development
--- Exposure/awareness of integrated product teams (IPTs) and the design and development process.
--- Exposure to geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
--- Must be able to work with other personnel in a team environment, identify and solve problems as well as help define and implement process improvements.
--- Proficient using CAD software and MS Office tools.
--- Master's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Material Science from an accredited institution
--- Experience with CAD modeling using Solid Works
--- Experience using ENOVIA PLM
Keywords: Midas Management and Research, Camarillo , Design Engineer - Mechanical, Engineering , Camarillo, California
here to apply!