Posted on: September 19, 2022
Location: Irvine and Camarillo, CA
TVS, Protection Product Engineering
The Product Engineer will be responsible for packaging yield
analysis. The role is a combination of data
analysis/administration, management reporting and internal problem
resolution. manufacturing support of products and component ideas
and concepts that will meet our manufacturing, safety, quality,
compliance, cost and marketing objectives. Among other duties,
he/she must monitor assigned projects through all phases of
development. It requires technological expertise. This role touches
all areas of manufacturing, product development and troubleshooting
including production disposition, assembly yield analysis and
- Analyze subcontractor low-yield verification report and provide
disposition through NCMRs.
- Provide timely engineering disposition based on data and
- Initiate yield improvement activities and ensure we meet
quarterly yield variance targets.
- Provide product engineering support to subcontractors,
including yield analysis and enhancement, product development,
transfer and set-up of new products, and technical troubleshooting
of product issues.
- Work with Manufacturing to develop and implement cost reduction
activities such as process/design transfers, test time
reductions/test elimination/vision model development, DPPM
reduction activities, material set change qualifications and yield
improvements across products, foundries and back end
- Provide engineering disposition based on FT limits, fab
parametric PCM correlation, statistical bin limits and other
relevant data to ensure the highest quality at the lowest
- Support product and process transfers to support Protection
products roadmap implementation and ensure manufacturing
- Work with the engineers and technicians in supporting wafer
level packaging production for new and existing products.
- Develop quality gate at Final Test to ensure products being
shipped to customer meets Semtech standards.
- Review and disposition fab engineering concession lot requests.
Administrate AER's, NCMR's, MRB's, and PPR's.
- Actively participate in the development of final test programs
and quality assurance procedures.
- Work closely with Application, Design, & Product Integration
engineers, to facilitate a timely & expeditious product release to
- Drive and manage qualification and Volume Ramp Up aspects of
New Product Introductions (NPI).
- Communicate with development engineers, process integration
engineers, and application engineers to resolve technical product
issues thru 5-why's, 8-D, fish bone, etc.
- Ensure finished products adhere to specifications and QC
standards prior to shipment.
- Reduce product cost and minimize delinquencies.
- Coordinate Zero Defect Quality initiatives related to Maverick
Lot handling activities.
- Work with Test Engineering and Design Teams to coordinate,
manage and prioritize all activities needed to qualify a new
product and release it to production.
- Perform product data analysis including determining limits on
Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) prior to releasing products into
- Respond to Drive and manage customer product complaints and
resolution from an engineering standpoint for all products.
- Drive and manage product-related issues with subcontractors for
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering.
- 1-3 years' experience preferred in the Semiconductor &
- Good understanding of working theory of semiconductor
- Good understanding of electrical circuits and Analog / Digital
IC. Understanding of testing methodologies incorporated with high
volume production techniques and requirements a plus.
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills with the
ability to proactively solve issues.
- Strong background in statistical data analysis using
statistical tools including Excel or other tools
- Familiar with different lab instruments and testers.
- Quick learner of new technical skills including new instruments
- Effective verbal and written communication to interface at all
levels within the organization.
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product
requirements on schedule.
- Experience in working with international and cross-functional
teams. Involves some cross-function meetings with different time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office--- products - Excel, Word,
Visio, Power Point, Project.
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every
member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented
professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the
opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides
recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties
and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than
those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and
requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
Keywords: Semtech, Camarillo , Product Engineer, Engineering , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!