Teacher Residential Program
Company: Newport Healthcare
Posted on: September 22, 2022
About Us:Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral
healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives
through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the
best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the
country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our
clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued
staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive
salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan
repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part
of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in
authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love-and
experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young
people and their families each and every day.Empowering Lives.
Restoring Families. -
Responsibilities:The teacher oversees all aspects of the academic
program with supervision and support from the Director of Education
and the Program Director. In collaboration with parents, the RTC
teacher oversees all aspects of the academic program with
supervision and support from the Director of Education and the
Program Director. In collaboration with parents, teachers create an
individualized academic plan in order for the adolescent to achieve
stated goals. Teacher must be able to oversee multiple students
working at a variety of paces on various subjects. Candidate must
have previous classroom experience, proven ability to manage the
classroom dynamics, and ability to build strong rapport with
Essential Teacher Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with schools to gather academic information about
- In coordination with families and school districts, develop an
individual academic plan for all students based on relevant
- When required, ability to coordinate with school to administer
coursework in a timely manner.
- Provide individual instruction and academic support to
- Collaborate with paired tutor to ensure all materials and
assignments are prepared before each school session.
- Monitor student progress.
- Provide daily and weekly assignment scheduling and support
students in setting weekly goals.
- Attend IEP/Placement meetings with Regional Education
- Administer and grade assignments utilizing rubrics or
assignment keys provided by APEX.
- Communicate behavioral, academic and attendance concerns to
- Attend 30, 60, and 90-day updates, parent orientations, and
clinical calls as needed.
- Work with clinical staff to devise appropriate interventions to
address concerns with students.
- Participate in weekly Treatment Team meeting and work
collaboratively with the clinical team.
- Send weekly email updates to parents.
- Complete weekly charting in electronic documentation
- Participate in weekly supervision meeting with Regional
- Oversee math and science tutor including but not limited to
providing direction, feedback and management.
- Collaborate effectively with direct care staff to maintain
structure, supervision, and support of classroom and students.
- Ability to be flexible in a variety of circumstances and to
problem solve and implement strategies/solutions effectively and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- Teacher should have a minimum of two years' experience with
middle or high school students.
- Candidate should have experience in teaching or tutoring
various types of students and ability to adjust their approach to
meet the needs of all students.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.Newport Healthcare is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process please email firstname.lastname@example.org for
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters
Keywords: Newport Healthcare, Camarillo , Teacher Residential Program, Education / Teaching , Camarillo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!